Mandt Student Academy
The Mandt System has been used for almost 50 years to assist people in learning proven, evidence-based techniques for conflict resolution and de-escalation to reduce workplace violence before a crisis occurs. With the Mandt System, you can develop a culture that provides emotional, psychological, and physical safety for everyone. Training is flexible to address individual and unique workplace situations.
One-Day Workshop – Relational
Learn non-physical methods to prevent and de-escalate conflict to build a safer and healthier workplace.
Topics covered include:
- Building Healthy Relationships: Learn a graded system of alternatives, professional and personal boundaries, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, and the Crisis Cycle.
- Building Healthy Communication: We will discuss communication processes, non-verbal communication, active listening, paralanguage, and the principles of touching.
- Conflict Resolution: Finally, we will examine building healthy conflict resolution, understanding confrontation and communication in conflict, fear, and how to resolve conflicts.
The relational skills taught in this workshop can benefit anyone.
Two-Day Workshop – Relational and Technical
Day one covers everything included in our Relational one-day workshop, as it is a pre-requisite to learn the technical skills taught on day two.
On day two, you will learn to safely intervene during instances of emotional escalation and physical aggression.
Skills covered include:
- Assisting and Supporting: We cover stance, body balance, body mechanics, movement, and side body hug.
- Separating: We teach restrictive physical interactions, non-physical ways of gaining cooperation, finger holds, clothing release, and conflict resolution.
- Restraining: Finally, we instruct on medical risks and signs of distress, prohibited practices, physical restraint, key points of restraining, one-arm, and two-person restraint.
Want to learn how your organization can benefit from crisis de-escalation training?
Complete the form below and one of our experts will be in touch for a free consult.